Most golfers find their golf trolley faults over time and here are 5 common problems with electric golf trolleys and how to fix them.
- My golf trolley is going slow
- My speed control is intermittent
- My electric golf trolley will not power on
- My electric golf trolley keeps cutting off
- My trolley goes to full speed when plugged in.
We have solutions to much more complex and common problems with electric golf trolley throughout the website. Use the search bar top right or below this post or from a category from the list below or sidebar. If you don’t find the common problem or fault you are looking how to fix then the contact page has my email where you can get free help via email.
My Golf Trolley is going slow
Some of the most common problems for a slow electric golf trolley are:
- The battery does not have enough charge.
- Some of the Battery cells are at fault.
- The inner wheel hubs (clutches) need replaced
- The axle pins for the wheels are missing
- The motor has partially burnt out
Electric Golf Trolley Speed Control Intermittent
A common problem with trolley speed intermittent:
- The speed control switch knob is at fault
- Speed control knob has been knocked
- The speeds are inconsistent and jumping around
- The speed won’t adjust
- The speed jumps from slow to fast and nothing inbetween
For more detailed problems see speed control switch faults and fixes
Golf trolley keeps cutting off
Common problems for electric golf trolley keeps cutting off are:
- The battery cable broken
- Battery connector has water or dampness in it
- Battery lead connector is dirty or rusty corroded
- The connector sleeves inside the round connector are broken
- Broken main wire inside the golf trolley typical at the fold point
- Component connectors do not have a good connection
Other faults with power cutting off see golf trolley power problems
No Power in my electric golf trolley
More common problems with electric golf trolleys are;
- Battery connection broken
- Connectors in various components come loose
- Dampness inside the golf trolley
- Break in the wiring
- Faulty controls
- Fault in the handle circuit
- Faulty controller box
Here are other problems with electric golf trolley power
Golf trolley only goes to full speed when plugged in
A very common problem with an electric golf trolley controller;
- The controller box (under the battery tray) has broken or partially blown
- The wrong controller box has been fitted.